Security at a glance
The novel, globally unique SECUNOTE® Sapphire security elements are a proven and efficient way of protecting banknotes and monetary documents against forgery. The innovative LCMO technology from Rolic produces distinctive optical effects enabling the authenticity of dichromatic or polychromatic images to be verified very easily – even with the naked eye and by untrained citizens.
Properties and benefits in brief
- SECUNOTE® Sapphire is a highly innovative level 1 security feature.
- The novel forgery protection is available in the form of stripes, threads or patches. It goes without saying that we can also provide other types of application specifically tailored to your requirements – we will be happy to develop an ideal solution with you.
- The clear, sharply defined single-colour/multi-colour image exhibits a striking positive-negative switch down to the smallest, high-resolution detail – and without any undesirable rainbow effect.
- The design (which can be based on a photograph, graphics, logo or lettering) is created using a highresolution template. You decide whether you would prefer to supply this yourself or have our specialists create a template that reflects your own requirements and ideas.
- Turning the security element or changing the viewing angle produces a visible positive-negative switch or an obvious contrast reversal.
- Both microtexts and nanotexts can be implemented easily. Including the contrast reversal, both options have the same optical characteristics as the remainder of the security element.
- No direct light is required to check the authenticity of the security element, as the effect of SECUNOTE® Sapphire is obvious even under poor lighting.
- Our unique, patented LCMO technology is your guarantee of the highest security possible. The optical effects cannot be scanned or copied.